Thursday, April 26, 2007

Let's Play Pretend

My favorite anecdotes about Eva are the things I hear her pretending to do: Here's a great example

Eva: I'm Cinderella and you're Bob (to Clementine)

Clementine: (Skeptical Look)

Eva: Let's go, Bob

Clementine: (Stands up, looks ready to go)

Cinderella grabs Bob by the collar and starts leading her through the house

Me:
Eva, what are you doing?

Eva: I'm not Eva (belligerently), I'm Cinderella, and this is Bob (points to dog). And, we're going on an adventure.

They happily scamper off and I can't follow because I'm feeding Mr. Quinn lunch. On any given day, Eva spends play time reading to stuffed animals, putting them to bed, and reminding the rest of the house to be quiet because her babies are sleeping.

I guarantee that funniest parts of my day are watching Eva play pretend. The things she says are unbelievably funny to me. Especially since we got Clementine. To Eva, Clementine is a very large stuffed animal that can walk. Cool! She pushes, pulls, drags, and sometimes tries to ride Clementine all over the house, trying to get her involved in all her imaginings. Unbelievably, at only 6 months Clem is already calm enough to take whatever Eva can dish out. I think they are truly the best of friends.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - you guys have a dog now too! When did you get Clementine? It's awesome that Eva has a friend to play with; I think we'll probably get a dog whenever we have kids too.

Chris McCubbin said...

Eris does that stuff too...but since we don't have a dog it's usually one of us that's the unwilling recipient :)