Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Holidays, Holidays

Well, I'm back to a typical daily routine. The last week or so have been very busy for us. Of course, last Monday was my birthday. Quinn's 1st birthday was Friday, my mother-in-law's birthday was Saturday and John and I's anniversary was Monday. Whew!

Ellen flew in on Wednesday. We all had a really great visit. We took the kids to the zoo (check out some pics at secularpickle.spoon.cx) on Saturday. The weather was perfect, if a little warm. I got a bit sunburned and felt wonderful for not looking so pasty :) Eva cracked us all up by saying hello to all the animals personally. "Hello, Mr. Mountain Goat". Even Quinn seemed pretty interested in the animals he could see from his stroller. I think he liked the bear the best, he kept watching the bear pace back and forth in his cage.

On Sunday, we had a small birthday party for Quinn (again, go look at some pictures:). He ended up with quite a pile of loot. He seems quite happy with his new toys. Also, everyone commented about how quickly he inhaled his birthday cupcake. It was there...and then it was gone. He beat Eva by several minutes, which made us all laugh.

The other exciting thing we did this week was Ellen and I made a quilt. Well, started a quilt. We got the whole top pieced together. She is going to take it home and hand quilt it for and grandbaby of a friend. I have to say, it turned out just adorable. Also, I had so much fun quilting with someone. I generally sew by myself, as I don't have any friends or family who are interested in quilting. I would say overall, we did a pretty great job. We she's all done with the quilting I'll get a picture and put it up on the website.

Well, this is more a catch up kinda of post, I suppose. Now that John has told his mom I'm pregnant, I think everyone knows. So, I'm 11 weeks and counting. I have no idea why, but I strongly suspect I'm having another boy. Does anyone else have an opinion? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you were pregnant - congratulations!!! When's the baby due?

MegBracy said...

I'm due Nov 9 or 11 depending on which doctor you ask. It doesn't matter though, I'm planning on having an October baby :)

MegBracy said...

I'm due Nov 9 or 11 depending on which doctor you ask. It doesn't matter though, I'm planning on having an October baby :)