Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Shoes

I love shoes. I know this is not anything particularly unique for a woman of my age. In fact, I probably don't really have very many pairs of shoes compared to most. But, I do love shoes.

It occurred to me this weekend that for the past several years, I have bought nothing but flip-flops for the summer. Flip-flops are comfy and easy to wear, also cheap and disposable. But, when I wanted to wear some real summer sandals I noticed I didn't have any. Not one single pair. Hmm....This must be remedied.

I took the kids to my mom's yesterday and went to get my haircut (adorable haircut :) Then I went to Younkers. I only sometimes like Younkers, they don't generally have a huge selection of shoes, but I was close and thought I'd give it a try. Jackpot! Everything was cute, but nothing was on sale. I tried about at least 20 pairs. I bought six. Now, 1 pair is a more fall/winter type shoe - but it was on the clearance rack. Everything else was a summer sandal or flat. Woo hoo. I have shoes.

Then, when I got back to my mom's I saw a flyer from Kohl's - they're having a shoe extravaganza today. Hmm.... more shoes? I'm going this afternoon to look at their selection. I have firmly told myself that if I find some shoes on sale I will buy them - but then I have to take back a few pair from yesterday. So, we'll see how that goes. Returning shoes is not really my thing.

No comments: