Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What's In a Name?

So, today I'm sitting at the kitchen counter cleaning a pineapple while the kids are playing on the swing set. Quinn comes in the house and sees me busy.
"Mommy, picky up me".
"Sorry buddy, Mommy busy."
"Mommy, picky up me peeeeeeeeeeeease."
"Com'ere buddy, you can sit next to me and have some pineapple."
"OK Mommy"
I love the way he says OK. It's the cutest thing to come out of his mouth. He very carefully pronounces each letter, just to let me know it's really okay. Also, if he has a question he says "Go outside, OK?" You can totally tell if he's agreeing or asking by his tone. Very sweet.

Anyway, Quinn comes and starts eating pineapple. Now, he is not a very neat eater yet. So, he's got sticky hands and pineapple juice running down his chin onto his shirt. Oh well. Also, he's having a hard time really chewing the pineapple, so he decides to just suck out the juice then spit the piece back into the bowl. The community bowl that I'm adding pineapple to as I clean it. Hmm. So, I get him his own plate to masticate his pineapple on.

Next Eva comes in. I get her a plate and some pineapple, too. All right, here's the mean mom part of the day. After 10 minutes of solid pineapple eating....I put it back in the fridge. It's almost time for lunch guys, no more pineapple. Yikes. This was not a popular idea. Especially because Quinn has finished his pineapple, but Eva still has a few pieces left.
Quinn:"More apple pine Mommy!"
Eva: "No Quinn, it's pineapple."
Quinn:"MORE APPLE PINE, MOMMY!"
Eva: "Qwwwwwinnnnnnnnn (add slight yodel), it's PINEapple"
Quinn: "APPLE PINE, EVA"

****SMACK*****

Yep, that's right. Quinn smacked Eva right in the face for arguing with him. I know it's wrong, but I had to turn around and laugh a little to myself. Then I cleaned them up and sent them to watch TV while I made lunch.


-------------------------------------------------------

I was just getting ready to post this when Eva came in and said "Mommy, I don't have a life." Isn't that what she's supposed to say to me in 10 years??

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hahahaha I love it.

It's funny because my co-workers and I were sitting here this morning reminiscing about childhood (especially summers outside playing). Ask Eva if she wants to trade for a while. She can come to NC and have a life and I'll go play in the yard with your boys and eat apple pines :)