Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend Review

We had a pretty busy weekend. My friend Allison and her husband Tim stopped by on Friday to see me and the kiddos. They have never been to my house. We had a really nice visit and I gave them a quilt that I made for their first baby, due in September. The quilt was really fun to work on. I chose colors from their nursery theme and made a curved nine-patch design.




The second picture is of the back of the quilt. The picture did not turn out as well as I had hoped, but you can see the quilting design that I used. I used my new machine to do some free motion quilting, which was very challenging!! I think I need more practice, practice, practice.

Saturday we headed up to Dubuque and visited my Grandma. My aunt Tam and my aunt and uncle from Minnesota were there and we got to see their little girl, Anna. She was one on Valentine's Day and is a real cutie! I forget to take my camera in though, so no pics.

After that we headed to my sister's house and just kinda hung out. We had a great dinner and the kids ran around until they were wiped out.



Sunday was my nephew Matthew's first birthday party. We had fried chicken (yum).



We also had a Sponge Bob (is that one word?) cake, which Matthew demolished.

Overall a very good, but busy weekend.

BTW - I finally figured out how to upload pics. Pretty cool, huh?

No comments: