Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Yesterday was Father's Day. In preparation for this event I took the kids shopping with me for cards. Eva and Quinn got to pick out a card for John and one for my dad. They were both drawn like moths to a flame to one specific card. It was one of those musical cards AND it had the Simpsons on it. That's right folks, my 2-year old knows his daddy's favorite cartoon. But does John know his 2-year old's favorite cartoon??

Anyway. Sunday morning I kept reminding Eva and Quinn to tell John "Happy Father's Day" as soon as he came downstairs. I knew Eva could do it. I said "Quinn, say Happy Father's Day." To which Quinn dutifully replied "Happy Daddy Day." Close enough. So, here's what actually happened.

I gave the cards to the kids to give to John. Kids bust into room yelling and jumping like monkeys. Eva actually does say Happy Father's Day. Then she adds, "Here's your card, Daddy. It's the Simpsons, and it talks. Can I open it?" Quinn doesn't want to be left out of the action. So he adds, "Here card. Happy birthday Mama day" Yep, read it again. Happy birthday Mama day. Apparently those are the events that have stayed with him. All day long he said that.

I hope all you dad's out there had a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Chris McCubbin said...

Glad you guys had a good Father's day. Eris and Angel made me muffins!

Hope you are staying dry...the news is making it sound like the entire midwest is under 6 feet of water and we should be packing 2 of every animal into a boat.