Sunday, May 13, 2007

Flowers for Mother's Day

I have had a really wonderful Mother's Day weekend. Yesterday we went to my Grandma's house for a picnic/family get-together. My aunt from Virginia was there, as well as my aunt and uncle from Minnesota with their new baby. Plus all the folk from Dubuque and surrounding area. We had perfect weather for the day. The kids got to run around in the yard and we grilled hamburgers and brauts. Yum.

This morning John went out and bought donuts (that's my kinda surprise). Then we spent most of the afternoon working outside. John dug and tilled a vegetable garden and I planted some hanging baskets with geraniums, petunias, and something that looks like Gerbera Daisies, but aren't. We also repotted John's ficus tree. It was still in the same pot as when he got it as a highschool graduation gift. Needless to say, it needed a new home!

It really has been a lovely weekend. I love to get out and do yardwork (so much better than housework). I hope all you mom's out there also had a great weekend!

On a sidenote - anyone reading this who has any great suggestions for baby names, feel free to send those along. John and I are coming up kinda blank this time around :)

2 comments:

Chris McCubbin said...

How about "Optimus"

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna nip Jessica's suggestion in the bud and tell you to go with "Jessica".