Monday, March 31, 2008

Cheese anyone?

It started gradually. A little bit here, a little bit there. More today than yesterday. It kind of snuck up on me. And this morning it hit me full in the face. Quinn has become a full time whiner. At this very moment he is lying on the kitchen floor screaming, crying and just generally making an awful racket. I think he is upset because I am doing some prep stuff for dinner tonight. Apparently, he wants candy, and I'm the meanest mom in the world. No candy before lunch time.

So, I just let him lie on the floor and have his fit. If I don't pay any attention to him, he'll stop. That's what everyone says. Well, I did tune him out for a while, then tuned back in and he's still screaming. So far, he's been crying for 22 minutes. Grrrr.

In other news, Eva is the most clever little girl in the world :) Yesterday, she was lying on the floor and Dex was sitting near her waist in a little seat. She said "Mama, will you come lay on the floor?" I thought she was wanting to cuddle, so I laid down next to her. Nope, she told me to lay on the other side of Dex and lay just like her. Then she informed me that we were making a letter H. How smart is that? Or does that mean she'll grow up to be a cheerleader? Hmm.. either way, I was impressed.

Here's a tricky thing. Quinn quit crying and went into the living room. Now it's WAY too quiet. Do I check on him, or just let him be?

Ok, because I usually err on the side of caution, I went to check it out. No problems. He was lying on the couch chewing on Clem's tail. Clem is sleeping and doesn't seem to mind. Things change so much. I never would have let Eva put something like a dog's tail in her mouth. I wonder what I'll let Dex do. Probably anything he wants so long as he's not screaming at me or trying to climb me like a tree.

I just cannot wait for the weather to clear up so we can get outside to play. I never thought I would so sick of my own house. It's gotta be soon, right?

No comments: