Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! I hope everyone had a great day. We went to my parent's house and had a great meal. The kids were surprisingly good when you take into account the mass quantities of sugar they had consumed. I made all the kids' outfits and they turned out pretty cute. Three little suits complete with bowties for the boys and three little dresses for the princesses. I'm still having some trouble inserting pictures, but check them out if you're interested. Here's one of me and the kiddos. The girls. And one of all six kids.

Now that Easter is officially over and it's getting a little bit warmer, it's time for the most dreaded of all springtime rituals. Yes, ladies, you know what I mean. It's time to buy a new swimsuit. The last swimsuit I bought was for my honeymoon. While it was a one piece, it's not exactly designed to have children hanging off of me at the pool. So, I need to find something a bit more family friendly. Ick. Ick. Ick. I hate shopping for swimsuits. I think it is the only type of shopping I don't enjoy.

I found a couple I like online, but I can't imagine buying something like that without trying it on first. On the other hand, maybe that's a good idea. I won't try it on until 5 minutes before I leave for the pool and I'll have no choice but to wear it. Regardless of how it looks. And I can guarantee it won't look pretty. Maybe I'll start a new trend of wearing a complete wetsuit to the pool. Who'll join me??

In much better shopping news, my sister and I went shopping in Madison yesterday. We weren't super impressed with the malls there, but we did find a few good stores. I only bought a few things, but it was great to have a day with my sister without all the kiddos running around. We had lunch at PF Chang's and tried gelatto from a stand in the mall. What a treat!

Interestingly enough, my sister and I both noted that the new styles this spring seem to have a very familiar feel. They are all made like maternity clothes! Everything is loose, flowy, and completely without fit. Ugh! I just got rid of all my maternity clothes. I think I've been pregnant for too much of the past four years to enjoy this new trend. But, congratulations must to extended to friends Allison and Tim who are expecting their first baby this fall. She'll look extra trendy with this new style of clothes.

No comments: