Thursday, May 1, 2008

Garage Sales

So, my sister and I are having a garage sale this weekend. We both have some assorted baby items to sell, some clothes our kids have grown out of, and some miscellaneous household items. It really doesn't sound like that much.

Well, that's not exactly true. See, we've both decided (or in my case, John has decided) that we're not going to have any more kids. So, let's start getting rid of the baby things. Swing - check, travel swing - check, old swing - check, bassinet - check, baby papasan - check, play mat - check, toys, toys, toys - check, 12 rubbermade tub of baby clothes - check. Just for the record, have you any idea how many 0-3 month sleepers fit in one of those tubs? No, well neither do I, but let's just say a lot.

I could go on and on, but I'm sure you're already bored. I just can't believe how much baby stuff we have. How much stuff do you really need to have a baby? Dex is only 6 months old, so we're only selling newborn things. We're keeping our saucer, bumbo seat, crib, changing table, highchair, baby bath, and stroller. I guess we'll have to have another sale next year!

Whew! Garage sales are a lot of work. I am hoping that I make a little bit of money, though. I'm putting it in my personal quilting fund. I have been sewing quite a bit lately. I will post some pictures soon of things that I'm working on.

No comments: