Monday, November 24, 2008

Tis the Season

We're sick. All of us. Ugh.

Last Saturday morning Eva came into our room and said she didn't feel well. Moms out there....what does that mean? Yep, she started throwing up about 2 seconds later, before I could even get out of bed. So, she and Quinn had the stomach flu. Then I got sick with a flu. Not the stomach flu, but the other can't move, fever, chills, aches kinda flu. Then John got it.

So, John and I were both sick and trying to spell each other. Then I had to take Dex to the doctor for pink eye and a double ear infection. Today, Eva and Quinn had to head in - pink eye and double ear infections all around.

John thinks he might have walking pneumonia becuase he just isn't getting better and he has a really wet, nasty sounding cough. He called the doctor this morning and they offered to make him an appointment on Wed afternoon. Umm, seriously? I think he needs to come in now. So, he's waiting at a clinic place right now, trying to figure out what is going on.

So, to recap. We're all sick. The good news is the antibiotics should work for the kids before Thanksgiving. We'll have to wait and see what John hears.

In the meantime, here's a cute story. This is as good as it gets when I feel crappy :)
Last weekend when I was sick I decided to take a bath. I added some bath salts to the water. Later, Eva and I were cuddling on the couch and she said "Mom, what's that smell?" It was me. Apparently she didn't like the smell of my bath powder. So, she said "Mom, you smell bad. But you're a good mom!" So, even when I'm sick, I'm a good mom :)

1 comment:

Timothy and Allison Peet said...

Oh my gosh! Hope everyone is starting to feel better! When it rains it pours, huh? Hopefully you've maxed out and no one will get sick the rest of the winter??